Teeth whitening is one of the best, easiest and cheapest cosmetic dentistry procedures that will give you a brighter, more attractive and more confident smile. Teeth whitening can benefit anyone with healthy teeth. Teeth whitening is a process of removing stains that stick on to the enamel, it is bleaching process used to get rid of the discoloration of the teeth. There are different ways of teeth whitening, some people go for bleaching sessions at the dental clinic, some buy over –the –counter products and very few people go for cosmetic treatment. Teeth whitening treatment is not permanent, though the results are effective and noticeable. It requires a lot of care and oral hygiene.
At Smilesutra we use only the best and safest teeth whitening procedures so that you get the best results in the shortest time.
Home Teeth whitening
The other way to whiten your teeth is home teeth whitening. A very simple and cost effective way to get the brighter smile you have always wanted. After an assessment with our very experienced cosmetic dentist custom made whitening trays will be made for you and all you have to do is use them with the whitening gel we provide you about 30 minutes to an hour a day for about 10 days.
Home teeth whitening is on special offer at the moment, please call us for the latest details!
What results in stains?
Various factors cause stains such as:
• AGE: The color of the teeth depends upon the age, as one grows older the color of the teeth becomes darker and the stains become stubborn e.g. Teeth whitening will show dramatic results for teenagers but the results change at the age of 50 because the stains become stubborn.
• Eating habits-consumption of red wine, tea, coffee, carrot, colas, oranges and deep colored beverages causes staining of teeth over year’s .Moreover citrus fruits as well as vinegar results in erosion of the enamel.
• Smoking habits results in intrinsic stains.
• Consumption of drugs/chemicals at the time of tooth formation results in formation of a grey line which is hard to remove.
• Grinding of teeth results in micro cracking of teeth by which the tooth edges become dark.
WILL IT DAMAGE MY TEETH ?
• Common myths such as it removing enamel are completely untrue the only side effect you may experience is sensitivity which subsides after 24 hours, you will be provided with relief gel should you experience any sensitivity.Bleaching can result in temporary sensitivity in the teeth to hot/cold, touch and pressure.
• Gum irritation is a common feature and it tends to last for say a week.
• Bonding, crowns, veneers and restoration are not affected by bleaching and these results in Technicolor teeth.
Why do teeth discolour?
Teeth can discolour from certain foods colourings and drinks like tea, coffee, red wine or even smoking. As we get older teeth can naturally discolour due to the enamel wearing and showing the darker dentine through.
Because of the extensive experience of our Cosmetic Dentists and the use of the best materials we get the best results for you! On average we see 8 to15 shades improvement. So if you don’t like the colour of your teeth there is no reason